Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rock of Refuge

"Be to me a rock of refuge, to which I may continually come...." (Psalm 71:3)

I know I can sometimes feel like I have "worn out my welcome" by talking repeatedly to friends about what is weighing heavily on my mind. Don't get me wrong-- I have some of the most patient and amazing friends. It's not that they make me feel like I need to stop talking; I just know that sometimes it's gotta get old. It's pretty amazing to think that God wants me to keep bringing those things to him, that he doesn't get tired of having me come to him and share my heart. In fact, he wants me to! It's just one of the many ways he demonstrates his faithfulness.

So how should I respond?

"I will also praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, O my God;
I will sing praises to you with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel.
My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you;
my soul also, which you have redeemed.
And my tongue will talk [not of what I have done, but] of your righteous help all the day long..."
(Psalm 71:22-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews