Sunday, May 16, 2010

Life through a bloglense

Have you ever noticed how everything is more beautiful when you're walking around with a camera? If you haven't, you need to try it sometime because you're really missing out. If you're looking for an artistic shot, you'll realize that art is everywhere you look. Yes, even in that piece of litter on the sidewalk. It captures a little piece of the story that is going on in that place. I think this is why I love photography so much-- it's given me a greater and deeper appreciation for the "nondescript" parts of life.

Starting this blog has made me realize that blogging is much the same way. Much like looking at things to see beauty, it's made me more aware of the beauty and significance within each activity and interaction. Talking to my barista about what I want to drink is no longer just about the coffee (though obviously, that's a pretty key detail); it's an opportunity for a great conversation and fresh insights into life.

I'm beginning to see that everything is significant. I've always tended to pack my schedule full-- literally to run from one event to another (if you think it's an exaggeration, ask any of my friends). Often I've been too busy to take out my camera; I've always been to busy to blog. Now I've been forced to slow down, and it's making me realize that this whole time I wasn't actually packing more "life" in by filling up my schedule-- instead, my schedule has been preventing me from seeing the life that was already all around me.

Try it sometime-- with a camera or with a blog. I think you'll be happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews