Sunday, May 30, 2010

Completing the beauty

I went to Redeemer tonight (for the first time during my summer-in-NYC, so it's still in keeping with the Visiting Different Churches plan). Tim Keller quoted C.S. Lewis, I think from Reflections on the Psalms -- about how when we experience something wonderful or see something beautiful, we want to tell our friends about it and have them share the experience with us. Lewis says that to have others share the joy of something completes the beauty of it.

This has a lot of applications to life, especially to sharing the gospel (which was Keller's point); but as I was thinking about it more this evening, it just struck me how that's part of the reason I personally have been enjoying blogging and knowing that many of you are sharing in my experiences as you read it.

You're helping complete the beauty.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews