Monday, December 27, 2010

Michigan!

"Four of spades."

"Five."
"Six."
"Seven is dead."
"Jack of hearts."
"Queen."
"King. And Michigan!"

And that was my introduction to Michigan Rummy, which is apparently a Davies family tradition (who knew?!). They play it every Christmas Day night at Aunt Susie's house when the family gathers for their annual Christmas celebration.

This year Mom, Dad, Tim and I drove out to spend Christmas with Grandma. After a leisurely Christmas morning and afternoon, we headed over to Aunt Susie and Uncle Wayne's for Christmas dinner with "the cousins" (this includes all my dad's cousins on my grandma's side and their kids). As soon as everyone was finished eating, the rumblings started....

"Where are the folding chairs?"
"Who has the matches?"
"Is it still twenty matches for a penny?"
"Who else wants to play?"

Well-- I said-- I don't know how to play, but if you'll teach me, I'm in!

And they said "Sure."

And so, Tim and I learned how to play Michigan Rummy.

Now we are official members of the family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews