Tuesday, December 21, 2010

SanTea Claus

Yes, I own a Mrs. Claus apron. What can I say, I used to be a teacher. And it was the perfect "prop" for those class Christmas parties.

And now that I work at a tea shop, I figured it was a good excuse to whip it out again.

I wore it once just after Thanksgiving, but I wasn't prepared for the reaction I got-- which was, shockingly, no reaction at all. Do they think I think this is normal attire? and I got self-conscious and put it back in my closet.

But now it's Christmas week, so I took it out again. The reactions this time around were much, much better. Today the reactions went like this--

"Oh my gosh! Look at you! You're adorable!"

"It's Santa!!!"

"Thanks for our tea, Santa!"

"Where does one get an outfit like this? Other than the North Pole, obviously..."

"Oh! Oh! That's just wonderful!"

And then my personal favorite of the day....

"Look, kids! It's San-TEA Claus!"

(I'm pretty sure that guy was a math teacher, judging from his sense of humor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews