Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Settling In

They lit the tree by Lincoln Center this past Monday. That night was also Winter's Eve, apparently the largest holiday festival in New York City. They set up all these little booths along Broadway, from Columbus Circle to Lincoln Center where local restaurants sold their specialties for $1-$5 per item. You could get crabcakes for $3, pumpkin bisque for $1, Mexican hot chocolate for $2.... a wide variety of amazing goodies! There were decorations everywhere and live music along the way, and we stood shivering and listening to a great quintet singing Christmas and love songs.

But the best part of it? I went with a whole group of friends. First I met up with Hannah (one of my former students now at college in the city-- am I really that old?!) and one of her friends, then Teddy from Alice's and then Gretchen and Sue (also from Alice's). A couple minutes later Steve showed up, then Lorelei and then Andy. An hour later we ran into Brian and Laura. And then Ellen got off work and met up with us. We stood on the sidewalk talking as the stands started closing down, and all I could think was I have friends in New York!!

It's a wonderful feeling.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that sounds amazing. NYC restaurants with snippets of their food and live music. Wow.

    And friends in NYC, I'm ecstatic for you!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews