Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Glories of the Sleeping Bag Coat

I love winter. I love the excuse to snuggle under blankets, to drink hot chocolate, to play in the snow, to go snowboarding, to wear argyle sweaters.... the list goes on.

So yeah, I love winter. But I hate being cold. And that's not a winning combination. This past Saturday I went over to Steve's and ended up staying an extra two hours because I couldn't bring myself to go out in the cold again when I was just finally starting to thaw out!

That does it. I am not going to survive this winter with just this wool coat.

So I went coat shopping. And I made the Best Purchase of the Year.

I call it a "sleeping bag coat" because I think it's the adult equivalent to those fleece sleeping-bag things in strollers that you see all around the city. I can't crawl into one of those, so I will do the next best thing: I will wear a long down coat that keeps me just as warm! The best feature is this great collar that zips up really high. So on super cold days (like yesterday and today), you pull your hat down a little and the collar up a little, and the only thing exposed to the cold is your eyes. Genius!

Sure, I won't win any fashion awards. But I'm excited to enjoy winter from the warmth of my sleeping bag coat!

2 comments:

Total Pageviews