Monday, August 9, 2010

So I can find my way

I went to a Hillsong concert this afternoon by accident. I mean, I'd meant to go to the concert-- but Gretchen and I thought it was at 6. So when we showed up for the 3pm church service at Brooklyn Tab planning to stay for the concert afterward, we were surprised to learn (by reading over the shoulder of the man in front of us) that the 3pm service was instead going to be an additional concert by Darlene Zschech and Hillsong.

At first we were really disappointed. I really wanted to go to a normal church service and hear a normal sermon-- not just go to a concert! But the "concert" was really an extended time of praise, and Darlene read passages from the Bible that spoke to me where I am needing encouragement.

One of the passages she read was from Psalm 43--

Give me your lantern and compass,
give me a map,
So I can find my way to the sacred mountain,
to the place of your presence,
To enter the place of worship,
meet my exuberant God,
Sing my thanks with a harp,
magnificent God, my God.

Yes Lord, I want your lantern and your compass. I want to find my way to the sacred mountain where you are. I want to enter the place of worship and meet you. I want to thank you for who you are and all you've done. You are magnificent. You are my God. Give me a map-- your map-- so I can find my way....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews