Thursday, August 5, 2010

A new career option?

An old man walked into Alice's today while I was hosting--

Hi! How are you?
"I'm.... okay."
Just okay?
"Yes."
Well, maybe you'll feel better after you have a scone or a cookie?
"Are they magical?"
Of course! We put fairy dust in all of them, so all your wishes will come true!
"I used to come here all the time, but I haven't been here in a while."
Well, welcome back! Would you like a table or something to go?
"A table would be nice."
Okay, how 'bout this one here? (and I sat him at a table for two, removing the extra place setting as he sat down).
"Yes, but I'll need five more chairs-- I have invisible friends."
Ah, well, would they like plastic settings? Or will they be okay with the china?
"Just chairs; I think they won't need plates."
(He sat down, but kept on talking...)
"It's been a while since I've been here," and he lowered his voice with a mischievous twinkle in his eye. "I just got out of jail, ya know."
Oh, congratulations! And you chose Alice's for your first real meal? Enjoy it!!

He called me over a few minutes later.
"You should do stand up."
Excuse me?
"You should be a stand-up comedian. You're really quick on your feet."

Ooh.... I wonder if that pays more than hosting??

2 comments:

Total Pageviews