Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cursive Days, where have you gone?

Monday evenings are pretty slow at Alice's. Somehow Joe (my manager), Marchelle (a server), and I started practicing writing with our non-dominant hand. I wasn't kidding when I said Monday evenings are pretty slow. This eventually led to all sorts of handwriting discussions.

Do you know how to write a capital "Z" in cursive?

Think you do?

We all thought we did too.

Google to the rescue. Turns out, we were all wrong!

Do you really remember? Try writing one.

Does it look like this?

I'm sad that they don't teach cursive handwriting in schools anymore. It was always so much fun to learn this "secret writing"-- wasn't it? I remember thinking it was so cool when I knew how to write something that my little brother couldn't read. Like a secret code or something.

Clearly I got over it, since I don't even know how to write a capital Z anymore....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews