Saturday, June 5, 2010

... and that's the rest of the story.

Or an update on the stories anyway-- I realized that I haven't been good about following up on the stories, so many of you don't know the latest on the previous posts (sorry!)...

Here goes:

1. Danny's is officially sporting a "Prime Retail Space Available. Call Owner" sign in the window. Before it closed, though, I did get my "paycheck"-- which, shockingly enough, was just cash because the "paychecks hadn't come yet." I don't ask questions; I just ask for cash. Camille wasn't there when I went back, so I still don't know if/how I'll get in touch with her again.

2. Alice's is going well. I especially love the people I work with. I'm working at two of the three locations, and the Chapter 3 place (where I spend the majority of my time) is definitely my favorite, as I'm already feeling like I have friends there. Today was my first real day at Chapter 1, and I'm sad to report that it is not as easy to "think in color" there because of the way they store the teapots and lids (I'll be glad to get back to my system at Chapter 3 on Monday).

3. I have an interview with Harlem Children's Zone next week!!!! It's for a part-time position helping with their after-school program, but it starts this July. I'm not sure how that works, but I'll get more details at my interview!

4. The church-hopping continues; tomorrow I'll go to New Song Community Church in Harlem, which I've been wanting to visit for a really long time. It seems especially fitting in light of the death of Alan Tibbels, one of the founders of the original New Song Church in Baltimore (the Harlem church was planted by Alan's co-founder, Mark Gornik).

5. People continue to entertain me on the subway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews