Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Uprooting the Pumpkin

I took the pictures off my wall tonight. For the second time this week.....

See, I started to take them down a few days ago; but I don't do well with bare walls. So I put them back up. I know, I know. I broke a cardinal rule of packing-- don't unpack anything. And never, ever put things back up on the walls. But I just couldn't help myself.

I'm leaving my curtains up though. Ostensibly it's so that the sunlight doesn't wake me up too early tomorrow morning. But really we all know the sun doesn't come up that early in the winter. I'm enjoying that one splash of color that's left in my room.

Almost all my boxes are packed. I just have the few "Miscellaneous" boxes waiting for the odds and ends that didn't find a different home. I'm excited for this move-- so excited, in fact, that I've had trouble sleeping the past few nights even though I'm absolutely exhausted (Note to self: Never work eleven days in a row leading right up to a move).

And even though I always hate taking pictures off my walls when I move, I can't wait to hang pictures in my new Manhattan apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews