Sunday, January 23, 2011

I (heart) NY

It's famous now. The "I (heart) NY" t-shirts are everywhere you look at tourist traps around the city.

It's an easy way to tell tourists from residents: if they're wearing such a t-shirt, they're definitely from out of town.

I'm not a tourist anymore. But I saw a store full of those shirts the other day, and all I could think was "I (heart) NY, too!"

I love the hustle and bustle on the sidewalks.
I love that the public transportation is amazing.
I love that you can walk down the same block everyday for a month and still find new places you hadn't noticed before.
I love that I encounter people from all over the world here.
I love that friends are always excited to make NYC their destination.
I love that cultures collide right here in this city.
I love that my new apartment is three blocks from Central Park and that, if I wanted to, I could lose myself in the park and forget that I even live in one of the biggest cities in the world.
I love that I live in one of the biggest cities in the world.
I love that I don't want to forget that I live in one of the biggest cities in the world.
I love that my brothers live in and near New York.
I love that the NYC radio stations are the same ones I grew up listening to (how are those DJs still around?!).
I love that I will never be able to explore every nook and cranny of this city.

So yeah. I'm not a tourist anymore. But I (heart) NY too.

1 comment:

Total Pageviews