Monday, June 11, 2012

Haiti!!!!

"Do you have a valid passport?" my dad asked me at my brother's birthday dinner last week.

Yes.... Why? Are you going to Uganda?-- I joked. I've been itching to go on one of my dad's trips with him to Haiti or Uganda to work with the orphans I've heard so much about. And seriously, if you ask an avid traveler if they have a valid passport, you've gotta know you're going to get their hopes up.

"Do you want to go to Haiti with Mr. Worthing?"

But I wasn't really expecting you to say that!!

Uh, YES!!!?!?!?!? Are you serious?? Is this a joke???

It wasn't a joke. I'm really going to Haiti! For a while now, I've been hoping to go; but it just hasn't worked out.

Until now!

So it's really happening-- I'll leave with the team June 28 and come back July 7. We'll be doing a Vacation Bible School and meeting and serving others in the churches that Mr. Worthing knows there. I can't wait! So far I know how to say three things in Creole (thanks, Mike!)--

Sak pase (What's up?)
Bonjou (Good morning)
Bonswa (Good afternoon/evening)

I know, I know.... I'm practically fluent. ;)

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you have such joy to serve in this way!

    I laughed at your mention of your dad's question. You (or your siblings) not having a current passport... traveling is in your blood :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews