Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I Saw Jesus

One of the best parts of our debriefing session each day after camp is the part where the college students answer "Where did you see Jesus today?" And then they go around and say where they saw Jesus in their teammates. I said one today, but I didn't want to hog the conversation. So I thought I'd put my list here. That way you can be encouraged, too, about all the ways Jesus showed up in our midst today.

I saw Jesus...
... in Josh when he helped the kids who came in late open their water bottles and bags of Cheez-its
... in Brenna when she had endless enthusiasm and joy about recruiting outside even though it was frigid and windy outside.
... in Isaac when he sang his heart out-- and lost what was remaining of his voice.
... in Garrett when he lit up when the little boys from yesterday came back again today and ran straight for him.
... in Dan when he pitched in and helped set up chairs even though he technically was just there to observe.
... in Vianne and Heather when they took pride in their task of registration and went the extra mile to make sure we had a good record of each kid that came to our program.
... in Molly when she showed love to Tina so much that this girl who came to us scared and fragile returned today laughing and smiling about being there.
... in Hunter when he talked about how much he was blessed by interacting with the people from the community.

I prayed to encounter Jesus today. And I did. He looked an awful lot like a bunch of college students from Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews