Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep....

Last night I dreamed that I was murdered. Vividly, really, truly murdered. The corner where I was shot in my dream is a corner a few blocks from my office where I have stood many times. And I woke up scared and upset and haven't been able to shake the feeling all day.

Without even realizing I was doing it, I've been putting off going to bed as long as I could. I was falling asleep on the couch and realized the time had come; I need to go to bed if I have any hope of getting myself out of bed to go running in the morning.

Yet as soon as I started to pull back the covers on my bed, the same feelings of panic and fear washed over me like it was 3am this morning all over again.

Lord, please give me sweet dreams. Guard my mind, guard my heart. Please don't let me feel fear like that again; keep me safe-- in my dreams, on the streets, and wherever you call me to go in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews