Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Post-Wedding Letdown

I spent a whole weekend with some of my favorite people in the world. And I met new favorite people in the world. And now I'm back in New York-- back to work, back to reality. And I miss these favorite people. I miss the excitement of the upcoming wedding and seeing everyone work together to make this huge celebration happen.

I wish I were back at the rehearsal dinner mingling with people I hadn't seen in ages and meeting people I'd never met before. Or back in the bridal dressing room toasting and crying and praying with Ellen. Or back at the reception cheering Tim on before his best man speech. Or back on the dance floor dancing to "Numa Numa" (Best Song Ever, by the way). Or back at Vintage 50 after the wedding laughing, telling stories, and laughing some more. Or back in the Wendy's parking lot watching the guys try to go through the drive-thru sans car (and getting rejected). Or hanging out in the hotel lobby wondering how much the hotel receptionist hated us.

But weddings can't last forever, and I'm back in New York. And back to work.

I still remember when Steve got home from one of his college friend's weddings a couple years ago, and he was so sad. "It was just so much fun. And now it's.... over," he said.

That's how I feel. It's not that I don't still love New York. It's just that the weekend was so much fun, and now it's over. So much preparation and then BAM! and it's over. And I don't know when-- or if-- I'll see all these people again.

I guess weddings have to have some downside, right?

1 comment:

  1. Right. I so feel you on this one. And to top it off, once people are married, they have a whole new life, and it's not the same after that.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews