Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sneak Preview

My dad has an alumni event at MIT in Boston next weekend, so he asked if I want to stay with Gramarie so he and Mom can have a quick break at the Cape for a few days first. I was able to get someone to cover my shifts at Alice's, so I agreed.

I called their house yesterday, but Leisl (a friend who stays with Gramarie sometimes) answered the phone. When she heard it was me, Gramarie asked to talk to me.

"Anne! How are you?"
I'm doing well; how are you?
"I'm good. I miss you."
I miss you too! I'm coming to see you this weekend though!
"Oh really?? How long will you stay?"
All week!
"Oh, I'm glad. How are you, Anne? What's new with you?"
Well, I started a new job today...
"A new dog?"
No, a new JOB.
"Oh! A new job! Where is it?"
An organization called Kids with a Promise; it seems really cool!
"Where are you?"
New York.
"New York?!"
Yes, this is where I live now.
"Oh, I love New York! Where are you?"
Well, right now I'm at 31st and Madison.
"Oh, I love New York. Did you know that?"
I sure did!
"Well, not much to report here. I'm staying with..... hmm. I'm trying to remember who they are."
My parents.
"Who??"
My parents-- Chuck and Andrea!
"They're not my parents!"
I know! They're my parents.
"Oh, I don't know about that. Anyway. What's new with you?"
Other than my new job? Not much.
"You got a new job?? What kind of job?"
Working with inner city kids....
"Oh, and you like it?"
Today was my first day, but yes, I think I really will.
"When are you coming to visit me?"
This weekend, actually. I'm coming on Sunday!
"Oh, this Sunday?! Oh good! Can you stay for dinner?"
Yes, I'm staying all week!
"Oh good! I have this double bed that's so empty!"
Hahaha, we'll see what we can do about that.
"Are you doing well, Anne? How are you liking your job?"
I like it a lot....
"I miss you."
I know; I miss you too, Gramarie. I'm looking forward to spending the week with you. I love you.
"Oh, I love you too, Anne."

So that's just a preview of what my week will be like next week. I'll repeat myself a lot, but honestly I'm just looking forward to soaking up some time with Gramarie. I'm glad that even when she doesn't remember the details, she remembers that she loves me. We have a lot of history together, Gramarie and I. I'm looking forward to adding to that.

It promises to be an interesting week.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the laughs. I enjoyed the sneak preview of your upcoming week. =)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews