Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Key Handoff

There's something final about handing over keys. I guess they stand for ownership. Or something. Right? I mean, why else would we talk about the "key to my heart" or give a mayor the "key to the city"?

Today I handed over the keys to The Elle to three new girls-- college students at UArts. They love the house; they're excited to live there. One of them even asked if she could give me a hug after I'd showed her how to use the firepit.

So I guess if I had to hand over the keys, I'm glad I handed them to people who love The Elle. As I watched the girls carry in boxes and decorations, it hit me all over again that I'm not living there anymore. I own the house, but I no longer own the house.

I sure hope they take good care of her....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews